Dear Friend of the American Freedom Alliance,
We all know these are troubled times. The financial crisis on Wall Street, the collapse of confidence in our political and monetary systems and the uncertainty of political change, all present deep threats to the stability of the American republic.
At the American Freedom Alliance, we are certain that that the most powerful and resourceful nation on earth will find answers to its current problems and will thrive once again.
What we are not quite as certain about is its response to other threats – the ones that don’t get much press or attention.
Because those threats are real and grow more pressing with each day. We can never forget that we have enemies willing to challenge and undo the impressive achievements of both the United States and 5,000 years of western civilization. Beyond our borders radical Islamists call for the destruction of the United States, continue to plan attacks on the scale of 9/11 and thwart American interests abroad. And within our borders their declarations are aided and abetted by abundant media, academic and even governmental expressions of multiculturalism, appeasement and moral relativism which erode our commitment to the protection of human life and the maintenance of human dignity.
Today we can see how Europe’s failed response to these threats is damaging, perhaps fatally, its own commitment to the survival of Western values. Its situation offers proof of the vulnerability of the West to surreptitious attack and destruction when vigilance is absent.
The American Freedom Alliance, an organization created to address challenges to American and world freedom, recognizes these growing perils and is building alliances and developing strategies to combat them. Those who have followed the activities of AFA over the past eighteen months will recall our significant record of achievement:
- The Collapse of Europe? (June, 2007) , an international conference held at Pepperdine University in Malibu, which gathered some of the greatest minds in Europe and the United States to address the continuing political, social, cultural, and economic crises of the European continent.
- The succeeding conference, Identity Crisis: Can European Civilization Survive? (March, 2008), held at the University of Rome, Italy, where Catholic, Jewish, and Evangelical Christian world leaders gathered to continue the discussion and to develop strategies and alliances to combat them.
- How Free is University? (June, 2008), an international conference held at the University of Southern California featuring academic experts, commentators and political leaders from the United States, Canada, Australia, and United Kingdom, who discussed and debated the growing problems of the assault on academic freedom on college campuses around the world.
- Remembering Munich: The Legacy of Appeasement (September, 2008), which offered programs covering the historical consequences of the 1938 Munich Agreement and its implications for our times.
- The initiation of our newsletter The Western Word, which provides weekly updates on issues relevant to the defense of liberty and the protection of western civilized values around the world.
- An annual speaker series, which offers seminars, colloquia, public discussions, and public debates on a variety of issues from the causes and consequences of anti-Americanism to the role of rock ‘n roll culture in shaping our values and society.
- The expansion of our vital websites where you can find a variety of important information about free speech, the consequences of multiculturalism , the effects of moral and cultural relativism and the impact of appeasement..
- The publication of our booklets on Appeasement, the Collapse of Europe and Academic Freedom.
All of these activities have been a result of a single minded approach to the problems which confront western civilization today. We do not, however, present any of these programs without a strong sense of hope. Our policies and programs are, in fact, based on an optimistic view of man’s future and the sense that even in the darkest of times our resolution to work together to overcome our adversaries and grapple with our internal problems will result in triumph.
This is your opportunity to help expose the enemies of western civilization, encourage awareness of the challenges we face and join in supporting the invaluable work of the American Freedom Alliance.
Click here to view a pledge card
where you can choose a level of support. You can use this card as a means of indicating your admiration for the work of the American Freedom Alliance.
We are delighted that so many have expressed enthusiasm for our programs. It is now only with your continued financial assistance that the American Freedom Alliance will have a telling influence in the ongoing struggle to preserve the values, principles and ideals of our great civilization.
Wishing you a good and pleasant New Year,
Executive Director and Senior Fellow
P.S. Your contribution to the American Freedom Alliance will significantly assist us in the battle for freedom around